Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One of These Things is Not Like the Other

I am so excited for fall.  Even though the weather here won't really turn cool until October, I find myself daydreaming about skirt and boot season.  This year I'm really excited for all of the two-tone boot options.

I'm quite fond of these ankle boots from Vivienne Westwood.  If I lived in Victorian England or was a Steampunk princess I'd be all over them.


I don't think I'm hip enough to understand Steampunk though, I like my science fiction like I like my vacuums; heavy on the robots.

So, for my own, unhip self, these Burberry quilted leather booties are absolute perfection.


I don't think you need to be in a constant state of irony to wear them.

If you can believe it Ugg Australia has actually come out with a gorgeous boot for Fall/Winter 2011.  I had to double check the advertisement in the Fall Vogue to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me.
But they weren't, these are totally Uggs!

Marc by Marc Jacobs managed to get on the trend using the same color but two different fabrics.


I don't know why, but I rather love the corduroy.  It almost makes me want to cuddle the boots.

My absolute favorite two tone boots this season are the United Nude Spats.


I love everything about this boot.  EVERYTHING.

With so many great options for this trend it's hard to go wrong.


But not impossible.  Tip of the hat to Prada for their collaboration with Runway to Green.  You know, just because something is earth-friendly doesn't make it eye-friendly.  It's like passing a car accident, you don't want to look, you know it's wrong to look, and yet there you are, rubbernecking, staring, and feeling ashamed.

I know, I'm surprised too, I like a pair of Uggs and hate something from Prada.  Did we just experience a geomagnetic reversal or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment