Monday, January 30, 2012

Katie Likes Stationery: Lanvin

I love Lanvin; not least of all because I think Alber Elbaz is absolutely adorable.  And, as we all know, I love stationery.

But I dunno, I've always felt Lanvin's paper goods were a bit twee.  Which, granted, is fine if that's your style aesthetic.  But for me, I hate cupcakes (I also hate full sized cake); if all the rain drops were lemon drops and gum drops, well then we'd have a drought wouldn't we; I prefer Clooney to Joseph Gordon-Levitt; and I would neither ironically or sincerely wear a tiara.  It's simply not my bag.

Too Twee for Me:  JGL in GQ, Tiaras at the Louis Vuitton runway show,
Martha Stewart Chrysanthemum Cupcakes, gum drops and lemon drops

So, while the price tag of $115.00 slightly annoys me, I know quality stationery can run that high (usually because you having it engraved with your name or initials but I'm just being nitpicky), I can't imagine ever having this adorn my desk.


Plus, who sends notes in colored pencil anyway?


Point and match.

Anyway, for the more acerbic of us, Lanvin does offer a plain hardcover fabric bound notebook...


...for $90.00.  Hey, it's cheaper than Smythson!

No comments:

Post a Comment