Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We owe it to that old '57 Chevrolet

So, when I heard that Prada was coming out with Car Shoes in 2012, I originally thought, "But Prada already bought the controlling shares of Car Shoe a few years ago didn't they?"



Oh Katie, you ignorant slut.  Don't be so literal, Prada fashioned shoes that LOOK like cars (and *I'm* the literal one?).

The inspiration:


The end result:


Yeah, and I'm totally the literal one.

As much as I love a good gimmick and an artistic shoe, I'm not so sure I like these.  In theory they're fabulous, in practice they're a little, well obnoxious.  That said, I do quite love the retro car prints used in the Prada ready to wear collection.


Unlike in W magazine, I would style it without the chipmunk, but Carey Mulligan makes it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment