Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Rockin' Robin

I live in the South, so it should be no surprise that I hate snow, I dislike cold temperatures, and I even get super bored of wearing boots.  I just feel like boots are all so utilitarian; sometimes a lady wants a little whimsy in her life.

I'm so bored of socks.  I'm bored of sensible shoes that will keep me warm and dry.  And it hasn't even been THAT cold.  I keep looking longingly at the warm weather clothes in my closet.  I believe it will get into the 60s today; but it's still winter and I can't really get away with the pretty light silk pink dress with the blue hibiscus print.  Clothes like that require leaves on trees, they just seem out of place with the gray skies and sad dead lawns.

It's about this time of the year that I begin hallucinating robins, those pretty, red breasted, harbingers of spring time.


So far, no robins, but I can still find some lovely robins egg blue reminders of spring.

Such as the Agnes Patent Leather Pump from Jimmy Choo.

And the turquoise BB Pumps from Manolo Blahnik.

The Yves Saint Laurent Opyum Suede Pumps.

And for the truly desperate for spring, Christian Louboutin's J-Lissimo 100 Spiked Metallic Sandals are a great way to show off a pretty pedicure on warmer days.

Of course, my favorite is the cut out pump from Camilla Skovgaard.


In the meantime, I will dream of warmer places and the day that I can go bare legged once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment