Saturday, February 4, 2012

You will experience déjà vu

You will experience déjà vu.

HA! When I was around 7 or so I remember an evening of watching The Karate Kid on VHS with my two best friends and chewing Bazooka Joe gum. The title and first line of this post were my fortune. At 7 it was possibly the funniest thing I've ever read and I still remember it and giggle to this day.

Onwards to the déjà vu.

In the Spring/Summer 2008 Prada collection these heels with the sculpted floral heel were hugely popular.


I love the heel, but I must admit, the rest of the shoe, meh.  I don't particularly like that style of open toe shoe.  I don't typically mind a peep toe (though I'll admit I hate the constant pressure of having a perfect pedicure and I have been known on occasion to fake it by only keeping the piggy that went to the market and the piggy that stayed home perfectly done) but open toes just feel incomplete.  I'm weird.

Fast forward to 2012 and Valentino has a flower heel.

Oh, irony, you fickle mistress.  I love this shoe (a nude point toe pump?  yes please!), but the rose heel is hideous.  If only I could get the original prada heel on the nude pump I'd be in heaven.  But alas, it is not meant to be for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment