Thursday, February 9, 2012

Art You Can Wear

Maybe I'm just a bit of a snob (okay, probably I'm being a bit of a snob) but I can't help to feel that anyone that doesn't see the beauty in these Nicholas Kirkwood sandals...


...is likely an open mouth breathing cretin who goes to art galleries only to exclaim, "I don't get it, my FIVE YEAR OLD could do that!" upon seeing Pablo Picasso's Summer Bouquet.


While not explicitly inspired by Picasso's line drawings (as far as I know, I've not asked the designer, surprisingly Kirkwood does not show up on my speed dial, Dominos does though), Nicholas Kirkwood has designed shoes in the past based on the art of Keith Haring. I quite like this trend, how about you?

Oh, and no, your five year old probably could not design these shoes. Though I'm sure s/he is a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment