Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tried to Care, Distracted by Shoes

So it seems the big news in the fashion world of late is that the American Medical Association has officially condemned the practice of using Photoshop to artificially slim down models to unhealthy proportions and oddly, I’m finding it hard to care.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the images are ridiculous, but the American Medical Association?  Do we really need them to tell us what’s wrong with fashion?

And really?  They’re up in arms about an image from a Ralph Lauren Ad that went viral in 2009?  Bit late to the game aren't we AMA?

image originally from photoshopdisasters


We do this dance on such a regular basis.  I refuse to get my hopes up that things will change.

So....

Ooooooh, pink shoes!

Nicholas Kirkwood Beaded Platform Court

No comments:

Post a Comment